The basic political philosophy of the Libertarian Party is stated in its Statement of Principles:
We, the members of the Libertarian Party, challenge the cult of the omnipotent state and defend the rights of the individual.
This is a very important statement.
- The Declaration of Independence says our rights come from God. The modern State now claims to be the giver and protector of our rights.
- America used to be a nation "Under God." The modern State now claims it is God.
- Americans used to say, "In God We Trust." In practice, Americans now trust the State rather than God to provide salvation and national security.
- Too many Americans believe "the government" is Santa Claus, and their Congressman will "bring home the bacon" by creating wealth out of thin air. "The government" is our new Messiah, our new Savior.
- In short, belief in the State has become an idolatrous cult.
The Danger of this Cult
There are many religious cults, and they may well pose a danger to people who can be victimized by cult brainwashing. The "cult of the omnipotent state" does not only engage in brainwashing through its schools, but it uses violent physical force against those
who resist its brainwashing, including armed robbery, kidnapping, murder, and genocide using lethal weapons of mass destruction.
"The State" -- which is a cult -- is also the largest organized crime syndicate on the planet -- larger than any "private sector" mafia, cosa nostra, or drug cartel.
America was once a Christian nation. We are now a statist nation. We have apostatized from the true religion and now pay tithes to a false